Additional notes (click to expand)
None. Esteemed 'only for their beauty and pleasure'
Gerard, John (1633) The Herbal or General History of Plants. Revised and enlarged by Thomas Johnson. Fascimile Dover Publications Inc. New York. p. 602-603
- Asia-Temperate, Mongolia
- Asia-Temperate, Russian Far East
- Asia-Temperate, Siberia
- Europe, Eastern Europe
- Europe, Middle Europe
- Europe, Northern Europe
- Europe, Northern Europe, Great Britain
- Europe, Northern Europe, Ireland
- Europe, Southeastern Europe, Romania
- Europe, Southwestern Europe, France
- Europe, Southwestern Europe, Portugal
- Europe, Southwestern Europe, Spain
- Northern America, Eastern Canada
- Northern America, Northwestern U.S.A.
- Northern America, Southwestern U.S.A.
- Northern America, Subarctic America
- Northern America, Western Canada
- Southern America, Southern South America, Argentina Northwest
- Southern America, Southern South America, Chile South
Armeria maritima (Mill.) Willd.Family: PLUMBAGINACEAE
Species: maritima (Mill.) Willd.
Common names: Sea Thrift; Sea-Pink
Distribution summary: Europe
Hardiness: H5 - Hardy; cold winter
Habitat: Rough grassland, coastal cliff
Garden status: Currently grown
Garden location: Europe & Mediterranean (E)
Flowering months: June, July, August
Reason for growing: Medicinal